In today’s world where first impression is the last impression, we all need to have a presentable face. Aging can cause a lot of changes in appearance of skin which need specialised treatments.
Why does skin age?
Beauty and youth are both result of dynamic cellular communications emerging out of interactions between neurones, cells and proteins within them. Body has endogenous mechanisms to repair itself and sustain youth. But the signals that control these mechanisms fade away and so does youth.
The most common reasons for skin to lose its texture and youthfulness are:
- Reduction in processes like renewal of epidermal cells, collagen & elastin formation
- Decreased hyaluronic acid content which reduces the capacity to stay moist and supple.
- Oil-producing glands weaken and the skin becomes dry.
- The skin loses its fat and starts looking less smooth.
What are signs of aging?
- Fine lines around eyes & mouth
- Sagging skin
- Textural changes
- Pigmented spots- age spots
- Loss of volume
- Expression line formation
- General skin deterioration
How does Skin look at different ages?
At 25 – Visible aging of the skin starts and the skin begins to replace old cells more slowly.
At 30 – More fine lines develop as collagen and elastin break down and the delicate skin under both the eyes begins to thin.
At 40 – Deeper lines begin to form around the mouth and eyes. Furrows appear on the forehead and circles under the eyes may grow into pouches. Skin becomes noticeably drier.
At 45+ – Skin becomes thinner, partly because of hormonal changes, thus losing much of its strength and elasticity.
At 50 + - Age starts to show on your face.
Injectable and Surgical Face Lift treatments:
- Botox- Injection of botulinum toxin (Botox) can be used to prevent development of wrinkles by paralyzing facial muscles. BOTOX® Cosmetic may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening.
- Fillers- Fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. They have side effects including the risk of allergic reaction and the formation of tiny bumps under the skin. In some cases, those bumps may be permanent.
- Thread face lift -A cosmetic procedure that lifts and realigns sagging tissue while adding definition to facial contours by using absorbable threads.
- Face lift surgery –A cosmetic surgical operation to remove unwanted wrinkles by surgically tightening the skin of the face.
Non-surgical treatments for Face Lift at Define:
Nano-Perfector technology uses waveform signals that resonate and awaken cellular biological processes. The skin cells in the basal layer are stimulated and production of new skin cells increased. The amount of collagen and elastin increases resulting in lifting and plumping the skin. The signal also communicates with the muscle cells to increase the tone of the facial muscles.
There are multiple benefits of Nano-Perfector treatment:
- Lifting of facial muscles
- Build-up of new tissue
- Increased elasticity of skin
- Improved oxygenation and reduction of free radical damage
- Improved microcirculation
- Deep Cleansing and Detoxification
- Reduction in fine lines & wrinkles
- Reduction in pigmentation & dark circles
- Rejuvenation of the skin
Botox is a purified protein obtained from bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. It is used to relax specific facial muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles (the wrinkles that are formed during facial expressions). Once the muscles are relaxed, they cannot be contracted which improvs appearance of wrinkles. It can also slow the formation of new lines by preventing contraction of facial muscles. It is a USFDA approved with over 20 years of research.
Botox Treatment is a non-surgical procedure. It doesn’t involve incisions or general anaesthesia. During the procedure, small amount of BOTOX is administered into selected facial muscles by a trained doctor using a very fine needle. There is very minimal pain or discomfort. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes with minimal discomfort and downtime. Regular activities can be resumed soon after. Visible changes are seen within 3 days, full effect in 7 days and lasts up to 4-6 months.
HYALURONIC ACID FILLERS
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar complex in our skin which retain moisture in the skin. Hyaluronic Acid Fillers are injected into the skin to fill wrinkles and smoothen them. They are also used to enhance and restore facial volume and help improve skin quality and elasticity.
Fillers Treatment is a non-surgical procedure. It doesn’t involve incisions or general anaesthesia. The procedure takes about half an hour with minimal discomfort or downtime. Regular activities can be resumed soon after. Effect lasts up to 12-24 months depending on the type of filler chosen.
This focused dermal heating stimulates collagen and elastin fibres in skin and increases production of new collagen and elastin. This result is reduction of wrinkles as well as improvements in the texture and laxity of the skin.