Chemical Peels are a solution which is applied to the skin to remove dead skin cells and stimulate the production of new skin cells. Peeling accelerates the exfoliation process of cells in epidermis. In addition, different peels have their specific action depending on formulation. It tightens the skin, reduces wrinkling and restores a more youthful appearance.
There are different types of Chemical Peels like:
- Superficial peels –These are light peels that penetrate only till Epidermal layer. They cause some redness and possible dryness for a few days.
- Medium and deep peels – these peels penetrate entire Epidermis and upper part of Dermis. They can result in dryness, swelling, peeling or sometimes scabbing.
What are the Benefits of Chemical Peel?
There are multiple benefits of the Chemical Peel treatment at Define like:
- Reduction in Fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduction in pigmentation, age spots and skin-tone evenness
- Reduction in Acne and Acne scars
- Rejuvenation of the skin
How Safe is the treatment and the Technology?
The Chemical Peel treatments at Define Aesthetics are completely safe with absolutely no side effects.
What can I expect during and after treatment?
Chemical Peel treatments are walk-in, walk-out treatments. During the treatment one has to simply recline and relax. Slight tingling sensation may be felt due to application of the peel solution. There is absolutely NO_PAIN or downtime with the treatment. Normal activities can be resumed immediately after the treatment. Result is reduced fine lines, pigmentation, acne, improved skin tone and complete rejuvenation of skin.