Arthritis is a disease causing painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints. Arthritis is no rare disease. It affects almost 18 crore people in India. It has become the largest contributor to health issues, even before Cancer and AIDS.
Arthritis comes in more than 100 types, but the most common types are
Types of Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis This arthritis is related to the bones. It is found in the areas of knees, hips and fingers. This type of arthritis occurs around middle age due to degeneration of bones.
- Rheumatoid arthritis This type of arthritis takes place when the immune system attacks the bodily tissues and joints. An inflammation is caused in joints. The synovial fluid which lubricates joints and helps them make movement, is affected adversely.
Out of these, osteoarthritis is the most common type. Hence most of the causes, symptoms, treatments and remedies mentioned below are for osteoarthritis.
Causes of Arthritis
Like in case of most diseases, lifestyle is a common cause.
- Lack of attention to fitness Lack of fitness promotes a sedentary lifestyle. It reduces body movements which help in gaining weight and puts pressure on joints.
- Unhealthy eating habits Unhealthy, junk and excessive amounts of much food increases cholesterol and fat deposit in the body.
- Haphazard sleeping schedule We need 7-8 hours of good sleep daily. Without it, the body cannot rest well nor can it prepare for further activities. Exertion allows body to degenerate rapidly.
All these affect the lifestyle gravely. It reflects in the way your body functions. The trick is to listen to the body and take immediate measures.
- Injuries & Infections Certain injuries and infections on knees, bones, joints can lead to inflammations which ultimately lead to causing arthritis.
- Genetics Although Genetics cannot be directly linked Arthritis, but having family members suffering from Arthritis can increase the possibility.
A visit to the doctor is recommended when you witness the common Symptoms. They are- pain in knees, joints, redness or inflammation around joints, especially in the mornings.
Analgesics and Anti-Inflammatory drugs such as Paracetamol or Combiflam. They help reduce the pain in joints and suppress inflammation of joints
Natural ingredients can act as home remedies for Arthritis. The most beneficial ingredients are the ones which supply the body with tones of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin D is one surely not to miss- it regulates calcium levels in the body which contributes to stronger bones. Along with these, doctors often suggest including ginger, turmeric and fish oil (tablets) in the daily diet.
Arthritis cure is still difficult to attain. But it can be prevented, reduced and treated.
Treatment at Define:
Define Aesthetics uses Ion Magnum to help with Arthritis Treatment. Ion Magnum is a revolutionary medical technology that helps reduce fat without any pain or physical exertion.
Ion Magnum helps in Arthritis in these ways-
- Corrects muscle disorder
- Increases muscular strength
- Strengthens paraspinal muscles which support the spine
- Strengthens core muscles by improving body posture
- Reducing abdominal obesity
Here’s how Ion Magnum Technology at Define Aesthetics helps with Arthritis-
A 48-year-old had severe Osteoarthritis of both knees. She experienced severe pain in knees while she sat, walked, climbed the stairs up and down, squatted and all activities related to knees. She also had reduced thigh muscle strength. She was then treated with ION Magnum for her thighs for 10 sessions. With 3-4 sessions her knee pain reduced and in total 10 sessions, her muscle strength improved. Squatting, walking and other weight bearing activities became painless and effortless, this also boosted up her confidence level.
- Control your body weight Excessive weight puts pressure on joints all over the body, which could make bones weak. Weak bones are the primary cause of osteoarthritis
- Take care of Injuries Now, this might seem difficult to avoid or take care of injuries, but you will have to do it to prevent arthritis. If an injury is not treated properly it can lead to chronic inflammation and Arthritis. Hence, tend to injuries ASAP.
- Exercise Exercise tones and strengthens muscles which helps in strengthening the bones and also reducing pressure on joints.