Non Surgical Face Lift
Why does skin age?
Beauty and youth are both result of dynamic cellular communications emerging out of interactions between neurones, cells and proteins within them. Body has endogenous mechanisms to repair itself and sustain youth. But the signals that control these mechanisms fade away and so does youth.
In skin processes like renewal of epidermal cells, collagen & elastin formation reduces with age. With increasing age, the hyaluronic acid content in the skin decreases, reducing its capacity to stay moist and supple. Oil-producing glands reduce their activity and the skin becomes dry. The skin also starts losing its fat, thus looking less youthful and smooth.
What are signs of aging?
- Fine lines around eyes & mouth
- Sagging skin
- Textural changes
- Pigmented spots- age spots
- Loss of volume
- Expression line formation
- General skin deterioration
What are various Causes of Facial Wrinkles?
- Sun exposure (UV light) – Chronic UV exposure, especially in cities like Mumbai, is one of the most common causes of skin wrinkling. UV radiation leads to the thinning of the epidermis (top layer of the skin) and the breakdown of collagen (the major structural protein in skin), both resulting in premature aging. Excessive radiation can also cause skin cancers and pigmentation. A good sunscreen thus protects the skin from its
- Expression lines – These wrinkles are a result of the underlying muscle movement used for facial expression. While making expressions, the skin compresses, leading to wrinkle formation. Initially, these lines appear only when the muscles contract, i.e. when you smile/frown, but with age, these become more permanent and appear even when the muscles are at rest. Botox helps relax these lines.
- Facial volume loss – When younger, our face is more plump and fuller, but as time passes, this volume is lost causing laxity and thinning of skin. Fat around the eyes, cheeks, and forehead gets depleted, leading to lax skin and wrinkles. Facial volume loss also results in an older, more gaunt appearance. Non-surgical facial reshaping with dermal fillers can help to replace this lost volume, improving both wrinkles and the overall youthfulness of the face.
- Gravity – The pull of gravity draws the skin downwards on the face. This results in drooping cheeks, nasolabial lines (the lines from the corners of the mouth to the nose) and jowls, drooping of the eyebrows and wrinkles.
- Sleep lines – Contact with a pillow when sleeping leads to skin compression. One can detect sleep lines from vertically or diagonally-oriented lines on the side of the forehead or cheek.
- Glare – Squinting to avert the glare from sunlight often causes frown lines and crow's feet (lines around the eyes on smiling).
- Facial fat changes – Facial fat gets redistributed with age; it gets lost in some areas and accumulated in others. This can be seen in the cheeks, around the eyes and temples, producing a gaunt and drawn look. The lower lids may have protruding fat pads. Slack muscles and excessive fat accumulation below the chin produces the familiar double chin. Double chin is the extra layer of fatty tissue, that is visible below our chin, a double chin can reduce without surgery.
- Lifestyle changes – Due to its inherent sucking movement, smoking is one of the most obvious causes of wrinkling around the mouth. Also, to protect the eyes from the smoke, there can be wrinkling of the area around the eyes causing crow's feet.
- Dietary deficiencies – Lack of a balanced diet and a low intake of antioxidants also contribute to taking away the fountain of youth from the face.
How does Skin look at different ages?
- At 25 – Visible aging of the skin starts and the skin begins to replace old cells more slowly.
- At 30 – More fine lines develop as collagen and elastin break down and the delicate skin under both the eyes begins to thin.
- At 40 – Deeper lines begin to form around the mouth and eyes. Furrows appear on the forehead and circles under the eyes may grow into pouches. Skin becomes noticeably drier.
- At 45 + – Skin becomes thinner, partly because of hormonal changes, thus losing much of its strength and elasticity.
- At 50 + – Age starts to show on your face.
Some Skin Facts
- It is largest organ in the body.
- Made up of millions of cells that protect us from external environmental factors.
- Everyday thousands of cells die flake off and are replaced by new cells from beneath the skin.
- As we age, this process begins to slow down and the skin begins to look dull, dark and blotchy. Fine lines and other signs of sun damage also start appearing.
Why Define Aesthetics for face lift treatments?
Non surgical facelift treatment and face lifting anti aging treatment is specially designed to improve the skin's resiliency. Non surgical facelift treatment is a procedure used to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles.
We believe that restoring beauty goes much beyond just taking care of wrinkles or pigmentation. We need to understand that beauty and youth are ‘gestalts’. Gestalt means what emerges is more than the sum total of the parts that compose it. That’s why an asymmetrical face can look beautiful or a young girl with wrinkles or dark circles still unmistakably looks young.
Most technologies like Botulinum toxin or Fillers only target one or two out of several components that compose youth. You look better maintained because of absence of wrinkles but you still look your age
To restore youth, only removing lines, wrinkles or pigmentation is not sufficient . Define Aesthetics offers you the next generation NANOTECHNOLOGY which is a true Anti-aging technology. Its signal synchs with body’s endogenous signals and is able to boost cell’s ability to repair & regenerate. A body that can repair itself can’t age. Hence it truly reverses the process of aging.
- The perfector sessions has made my face near perfect. I have noticed my double chin has gone and seeing a visible lift in my facial skin which was drooping. It has helped in lightening my pigmentation around my lip area. What's more, I was complimented at a party by a gentleman, just after two sessions, whether I am on television and he felt that he has seen me on television in some show! I have never recieved such a compliment before. The perfector sessions has made me look 10 years younger with a glow on my face. You know, once you look younger, you even start feeling younger from inside. I have got much more that what was promised. Thankyou.
Case Study 1 *
A 70 year old lady , a socialite & page 3 frequenter.
She had maintained herself quite well with Botox & fillers. But she was getting tired of taking injections every 6 months. Also botox & fillers was only reducing the wrinkles; it was not addressing other signs of aging. So she came to Define Aesthetics looking for a complete solution with Non-invasive way. We advised her 6 treatments with Nano-Perfector & the results were fantastic. Her wrinkles reduced, pigmentation reduced, skin was rejuvenated & looked younger. Now she is maintaining herself with treatment every 6-8 months.