This medical technique was invented in 1952 by Michel Pistor and was soon recognized by the French Academy of Medicine.
A Mesotherapy treatment involves injecting small quantities of pharmaceutical, homeopathic medications, plant extracts, vitamins and other ingredients just below the surface layer of the skin. This direct administration impacts the desired area quickly and shows noticeable results in just a few sessions.
What conditions benefit from Mesotherapy ?
Pigmentation: For increased pigmentation like Melasma, blemishes, freckles and post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, this technique is used to deliver lightening agents, like Glutathione and Vitamin C, directly into the skin layers. Dramatic improvement can be seen in just 4 sessions.
Hair Loss: Mesotherapy can be used to aid hair restoration. A formulation of vitamins, DHT blockers and minerals, injected into the scalp stimulate the circulation of blood, thus replacing lost vitamins and minerals and allowing hair follicles to get rejuvenated.
Skin Rejuvenation: Mesotherapy is used to infuse lightening and anti-aging materials directly into the skin layers, aiding better product efficacy and quicker results with reduced downtime. It can also help reduce lines and wrinkles, improve sun-damaged skin; and works as an ideal glow treatment.
Acne scars/scars: Scar filling, especially those caused by acne, can be done by administering materials like hyaluronic acid, into the affected areas.
Time taken: Each session takes 20-30 minutes. The number of treatments required varies and each patient is advised following a consultation. Micro-injections are then administered every two weeks until a monthly maintenance regime is started to complete the course.
Do I need to follow any precautions for mesotherapy treatment?
- Avoid certain vitamins 3 days prior to the treatment (especially Vitamin E and ginkgo biloba)
- Discontinue Aspirin, Ecosprin or Disprin 3 days before the treatment.
- You may apply an anesthetic gel 2 hours prior to the treatment to minimize discomfort, as advised.
- There is no recovery period needed after Mesotherapy, you can resume work straight away.
- If you feel any discomfort, anti-inflammatory medicines can be used, as advised.
- Patients may feel burning and/or discomfort for 20 minutes after the treatment.
- There may be some bruising at the treated area.
- You may experience some swelling on the treated area for 48 hours.