Dark Circles Reduction
What are common Causes for dark circles around eyes?
- Frequent cold / Allergies/ Atopic Dermatitis (eczema)
- Frequently rubbing the eyes
- Using harsh cleansers
- Nutritional deficiency
- Deep set eyes
- Thin skin vasculature
- Lifestyle factors like smoking, chronic alcoholism, emotional stress
- sun damage
- Genetic trait for having darker colour around or under the eye area
- Lack of sleep
What precautions can be taken to prevent dark circles?
- Include a high dose of vitamin C& A to the diet to prevent recurrent colds
- Avoid rubbing your eyes often
- Use bland, water-based and a soap-free gentle cleanser for the eyes
- Correct any existing iron or zinc deficiency
- Stop smoking as it causes free radical damage enhancing dark circles.
- always apply a sunscreen around the eye area
- Apply a moisturizer to the eye area nightly.
- To calm puffy eyes, place cold spoons, slices of cucumbers, chilled tea bags, or even a package of frozen peas under your eyes. The cool temperatures -- rather than any special properties of cucumbers or peas -- reduce swelling.
Dark circle treatments at Define Aesthetics
Gel peels- specially formulated peels for use on sensitive skin around eyes
Nano-perfector- rejuvenates the area & detoxifies to remove accumulated toxins.